Black Friday, which falls on Nov. 25 this year, is just weeks away, which means that all eyes are on the few major retailers that are known to offer major discounts on the year's biggest shopping event.
Amazon's Black Friday 2016 sale is one of the most highly anticipated discount shopping opportunities. And while Black Friday 2016 won't be here for another couple of weeks, Amazon is getting shoppers started on their holiday shopping by offering special discounts and bargains beginning this week.
Apple has yet to release a Black Friday 2016 ad or announce any details about upcoming sales, but various retailers are nonetheless expected to offer huge discounts on older Apple devices on Black Friday.
Fortune reports that department store Kohl's will be the latest to carry the Apple Watch, which will be available for holiday shoppers beginning Tuesday, Nov. 15. The Apple Watch will reportedly be available at 400 Kohl's stores around the country.
In addition, Kohl's will up the ante on its cash program for Black Friday. During the event, it will offer $15 credit for every $50 spending, $5 more than the usual $10 credit it hands out.
Ahead of the official start of Black Friday 2016, Walmart has began offering deals on a huge number of gadgets, electronics, toys, clothes, accessories, and other items via its Black Friday 2016 page.These include:
- The Apple iPad mini 2 32 GB Wi-Fi, now at $219.99 from $315.62
- The Sceptre X505BV-F 50" 1,080 p 60 Hz LED HDTV, now $279.99 with free shipping, down $220 from the original list price of $499.99
- The VIZIO D65u-D2 65" Class 4K Ultra HD 2,160 p 120 Hz LED Smart HDTV (4K x 2K), now $848 with an additional $69.97 shipping surcharge, down $450 from $1,298
- The Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7" tablet 16 GB, Titanium with 1.2 GHz Quad-Core processor and Google Android 5.0 (Lollipop) OS, now $199 from $299.99
- The Samsung 60" 6200 Series full HD Smart LED TV, now $647.99 with an additional $19.99 shipping surcharge, down $1,052 from the original list price of $1,699.99
According to a recent press release, Target is launching a series of special sales ahead of Black Friday 2016. To lure customers this season, the company is offering free shipping on all Target.com orders until Jan 1, 2017, 10 percent off on Target GiftCards on Dec. 4, and $10 off $50 on a different product category each week beginning mid-month.
Like the rest, Best Buy is already offering some deep deals on a wide range of items, including smartphones, laptops, tablets and other electronics.